top graphic for rounded border top border graphic Tiger Butterfly Tattoo Rhonda E. Dove
top border graphic
Email
The Author
Publications
RED Blog
Home



Saturday, February 7, 2009

Another Submission Saga

Again, time has gotten away from me so I've delayed posting anything here for awhile. My latest bid to submit a story to Nocturne Bites has not faired well so it's back to the drawing board. I have another story in progress and I will go back and review the submitted one and compare the new one to see if I can better come to grips with how to improve my writing style.

In the meantime, I have a second project ongoing in my life that I've decided to blog about because in some ways it has to do with the essence of story writing and that is creating a convincing other world. In this case, the world I'm referring to is Second Life. For those who may not know, Second Life is a virtual 3D world (not a game) in which any person can create a new reality for themselves. The people you react with in Second Life (SL) are real people located else where in the world, and you can forge a complete different life path while in this environment.

In my particular project, as research for a potentially developed simulation for work, I am creating a proof of concept model of a day care facility to train real life students how to implement their care plans with real life results. In the next few blogs, I'll post some photos and talk about my experience building the SL day care center model.

2 comments:

Suzanne Ross Jones said...

Time does have a habit of running away...

Your Second Life project sounds fascinating. Look forward to hearing more.

:-)

Kaye Manro said...

Great idea to blog about this interesting project. Can't wait to see how it unfolds.